“Irbid SESO Community Meetups “ aims to discuss the main challenges , opportunities , new trends and projects among the Social Enterprise Support Organization (SESO’s) community, in addition to encouraging synergies within the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Irbid ; gathering key SESO’s to stimulate collaboration among them establishing’s a sustainable SESO’s network to better support the Social Enterprise (SE’s) in Irbid .
|Details / Topic
|9:00 – 9:30||“Good Morning” coffee break for networking.|
|9:30 – 09:45||Each attendee to self-introduce her/himself and her/his organization|
|09:45 – 10:15||Introduction:
– What is JoinUP project (Key deliverables, Milestones and timelines)
– About the monthly Meet-ups
– The agenda of 1st MeetUp!
|10:15 – 10:45||Social Enterprises (SEs)in Jordan|
|10:45 – 11:45||Discussion about the legal context for SEs:
– What are the available registration types that social enterprises in Jordan can follow?
– The advantages and disadvantages of available registration types?
· Formation body o Time to setup o Registration cost
· Grants approval
· Reporting/auditing procedure o The registration journey of each type in brief.
|11:45– 12:00||Coffee break for networking 12:00 – 12:30 – Expected role of Social Enterprise Support Organizations (SESOs) for the legal context to be more supportive and inclusive for social entrepreneurs
12:30 -1:00 – Recommendation
|12:00 – 12:30||Expected role of Social Enterprise Support Organizations (SESOs) for the legal context to be more supportive and inclusive for social entrepreneurs
- Engaging Jordan investment board as part of the coming discussions, as an entity plays a significant role in the entrepreneurship ecosystem they should get in touch with the social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Strengthen the M&E knowledge among SE’s as a gateway for better impact measurement and community recognition and identification and more importantly a source of improvement, SESO’s may play a significant role at this front.
- Legal awareness should be a basic support service for SE’s, SESO’s are significant here.
- Influencing some changes and modifications on current regulations related to entities registration in Jordan in order to better fit social enterprises’ needs.
- Consider differences between governorates’ applicants compared to Amman’s when designing the JoinUP! Call for sub-granting and capacity building applications.
- It’s the time to change the negative stereotype related to social entrepreneurs money making, our culture should encourage them to achieve their personal goals in line with their enterprises goals, allowing better ground of regulations for them to “enjoy” the profits they make!. In a nutshell social entrepreneurs should be empowered and motivated as individuals in order to be able to empower the communities around them.
- The ministry of digital economy and entrepreneurship is a recent and up-to-date stakeholder, whom should understand the SE’s ecosystem as part of the entire entrepreneurship ecosystem they are now involved in, they should also understand how social digital economy can be a local change driver
About JoinUP! “SESO Community Meetups
Community meet –ups were considered within the JoinUp scope in order to encourage synergies within the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Jordan. TTi and in close collaboration with Oxfam will work on the facilitation of monthly meet-ups between key Social Entrepreneurship Support Organizations, in conclusion, 20 networking events will be organized with the primary objective of “To encourage cooperation and collaboration between SESOs in Jordan and the establishment and sustainability of the SESO network”.